Principal Software Engineer (Remote from Spain)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Due to Appfire's exponential growth, we are seeking a talented and highly self-motivated professional to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer. In this pivotal role, you will be working with a high performance team that designs and delivers enterprise-class software products and solutions in the Atlassian landscape. There will be many opportunities to showcase your deep technical knowledge, keen analytical skills, proficiency at written communication, as well as your interpersonal and organizational skills.
You will lead the technical analysis, design, and development of Appfire's Workflow Automation products, and provide help and guidance to other developers.
What You'll Do:
- Design, architect, develop, and maintain some of Appfire's leading products;
- Carry out feasibility analysis and provide effort estimation;
- Perform root cause analysis of software defects, working with a complex codebase;
- Improve the functionality, reliability, performance, usability of the Software Products;
- Comply with good software engineering principles, including but not limited to standard coding, documentation, version control, and testing practices;
- Mentor less experienced developers;
- Work closely with other team members in an Agile development environment;
- Work efficiently with minimum supervision.
- You are passionate about software development;
- You have experience designing high-volume SaaS applications;
- You are familiar with Git;
- You're able to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges;
- You have the ability to understand and debug someone else code;
- You're a proven technical leader with the ability to help other team members;
- You are a self-motivated and multitasker;
- You enjoy thinking out of the box to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems;
- You have experience working for an independent software vendor (ISV);
- You are fluent in verbal and written English.
- You are familiar with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket;
- You have experience with Typescript, Heroku, message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ), Webpack;
- You have experience with Agile software development methodologies.
What We Offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Flexible working schedule
- Private healthcare
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.