Senior NodeJS Engineer (remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Are you a maker who loves helping others do their best work? Get on board as a Software Engineer on one of Appfire’s leading Atlassian app development teams. Many of our apps are some of the most popular in the Atlassian ecosystem used by teams across the globe. Due to Appfire's exponential growth, we are seeking a talented and highly self-motivated professional to join our team. There will be many opportunities to showcase your deep technical knowledge, keen analytical skills, mentorship, proficiency at written communication, as well as your interpersonal and organizational skills.
Where you'll make an impact
When you arrive you will start our on-boarding process where you will learn the ins and outs of building Atlassian apps at Appfire while you immediately start to work with your team building features for our numerous Atlassian server and cloud products. Using your favorite IDE you will spend your day committing code, participating in code reviews, and keeping your developments tasks up to date. Because we release frequently you will feel the satisfaction of delivering production code to real customers asking for features that you worked on!
What You Will Do
- Ensure the development process is followed.
- Manage expectations with key stakeholders.
- Ensure committed deliverables are being met.
- Take customer requirements and write clear design documents.
- Provide feedback on & improve processes, tools, & training for the development team.
- Depth of knowledge of available AWS service offerings and ability to implement via AWS CDK, CfN templates.
- Participate and lead Scrum Stand-Ups and assist in Sprint planning, resource balancing.
What We Would Like To See
- Must have solid technical experience with enterprise-level, N-tier web applications.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash, Bitbucket is preferred.
- Experience developing Atlassian apps either for server or using Atlassian Connect Framework a plus.
- Development experience with Java RESTful APIs.
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
- Experience with SQL and a variety of RDBMS environments (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer, Oracle, etc).
- Experience with version control system, Git preferred.
- Experience in Maven, Gradle and Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, or Node.js.
- Experience with DevOps and a variety of cloud hosting environments such as DigitalOcean, Amazon, Heroku, etc a plus.
- Experience with Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or any server infrastructure management solutions is a plus.
- Previous experience designing, developing and deploying solutions that involve integration using well-published APIs (REST, SOAP, RPC, etc).
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Working knowledge of software build, packaging, release management and installation process.
- Expertise in using project planning and management software.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- B.E/B.Tech in EE, EECS, CS, MIS or comparable discipline
- Fluent in verbal and written English
What we offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid mobile phone and Internet