Senior Software Engineer – Front End Developer
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and implement user interface components using CSS and React.js concepts and workflows such as Redux, Flux, and Webpack bundler.
- Design and build modern user interface components with React to enhance application performance based on application needs.
- Troubleshoot interface software and debugging application source.
- Develop and implement front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Review application requirements and creating interface designs
- You will thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process to help create engaging software applications.
- Monitor and improve front-end performance.
- Document application changes and developing updates.
- Meet with development teams to discuss user interface ideas and their applications to solve customer problems.
What We Would Like To See
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field.
- Knowledge of React tools including Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience using automated testing techniques React components to find function gaps and regression errors.
- Experience with styled-components (design systems) in order to bridge the gap between components and styling in a functional and reusable way. You will know how to properly apply styled-components to React applications, experience managing and developing a common, reusable library of well-documented UI components
- Experience using React hooks for component-level state management.
Nice to have:
- Experience with user interface design tools such as Storybook and Figma.
- Experience with other UI frameworks such as AngularJS, Vue.
- Experience in designing and developing applications for the Atlassian ecosystem using Atlassian components/patterns as well as your own.
We’ve Got You Covered
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- Remote Work – flexibility to work from home or from our offices + remote working allowance up to INR 12,000 per annum (paid monthly)
- Unlimited paid sick leave in the event of an employee’s own illness or injury
- Generous vacation policy
- Group Medical Insurance – Coverage of INR 5,00,000 per annum for a family including dependents parents with no additional cost
- Crèche benefit
- Appfire provides all equipment for your home office, including an Amazon Business account
- Training and development – access to a comprehensive library of training videos