Software Engineering Manager (remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Currently we are looking for an Engineering Team Manager to join our BigPicture product team. Our application is one of the leading project management apps by CEOs, Managers, Directors, and Project Managers of companies such as Netflix, NASA, Tesla, Apple, Uber, Samsung, Porsche, Siemens, Intel, Boeing, LG, and many more.
This role focuses on supporting our efforts of creating an efficient and positive engineering culture in the workplace. This role requires quality engineering experience and great management skills. You’ll need to understand the technical aspects of our product, while also understanding the strengths of the team in charge of building it. You’ll team up with our Technical Leaders to combine technical experience with emotional intelligence to head off workplace politics and create a safe environment that fosters success.
How will you be spending your time every month?
- Managerial work (75%) – This includes meetings with technical and nontechnical team members, making sure our engineering team is happy, looking for ways to elevate their skills, and reviewing their compensation plans. You’ll be managing a team of 25-30 software developers.
- Administrative tasks (15%) – You’ll probably spend a few hours per week reading and writing emails, answering questions in Slack, having random conversations, and doing “other” day-to-day things to support the team.
- Recruiting (10%) – This includes working with our employer branding team on writing blog posts to promote the company, and meeting with candidates to evaluate their skills.
What We Would Like To See
- Proven and solid experience as an Engineering Team Manager or in a similar role
- Career-wide experience in the IT industry
- Strong interpersonal skills to help teams of people work together efficiently on common business objectives. We’re looking for someone experienced and skilled in: managing conflict, motivating and inspiring others, building teams, and creating a cohesive organizational culture
- Good tech skills so you know how to advise our engineers in different situations, have a good sense of the time and effort tasks will take, and support our recruitment efforts
- People management skills so that you can create a safe environment for team members to innovate together
- A mind for business so that you understand both the business and tech sides of running a company
How we work
- Top-notch hardware: MacBook Pro and high-resolution monitors
- Ownership and having a real impact on how the company operates and how our products are developed
- Flexible working hours
- No dress code
- And you can choose to work remotely or from our modern office in Warsaw with a fully-stocked kitchen: free breakfasts, snacks, tea, coffee, juices, fruits, veggies
We got you covered
- Remuneration: Perm (UoP) 23 000 – 32 000 PLN gross/month
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself
- Private healthcare
- Multisport card
- Training budget
- Plenty of team-building events