Sr. Manager – Product Marketing Manager
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
As our Associate Director of Product Marketing for Appfire, you will work as a player-coach to lead a growing team of experienced product marketing managers as well as partner with stakeholders within channel, marketing operations and content to create, assess and refine impactful Go-To-Market strategies and sales enablement tools.
As a hands-on manager, you are comfortable pivoting between tactical outputs and complex strategic initiatives with an equal sense of enthusiasm and rigor. As an experienced marketing professional, you will organize team projects, drive strategies, measure the success of initiatives, establish roadmaps, and ensure the delivery of initiatives that engage and delight customers.
What You'll Do:
- Lead members of the PMM team and with your expertise in crafting on-point GTM, guide their strategies to ensure they have compelling value propositions and clearly articulate how our products solve the target customers and partners most painful challenges; and define the content strategy to impact customer trial and adoption throught the funnel.
- Be the hands-on product marketing SME for a small portfolio of strategic products.
- With the VP Product Marketing, organize, refine and optimize the go-to-market roadmap, ensuring alignment with product and marketing strategy and that deliverables are of an exceptional quality.
- Support VP Product Marketing with operational initiatives including but not limited to, corporate alignment initiatives, internal All Hands communications, monthly customer and partner newsletters
- Contribute to and manage other Marketing initiatives as necessary
- Co-work with cross-functional internal stakeholders like Growth, Demand-generation, Channel Marketing, Product Management and HR.
A hands-on, creative, detail oriented, and analytical Product Marketing game-changer who is equally passionate about managing thriving teams as you are about improving the way teams work with smart products, and partnering with our Channel team to elevate marketing strategies.
- Minimum of six (6) years of combined product marketing and marketing project management experience
- Minimum three (3) years of team management experience
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration, engineering or related field required.
- Thrive in fast paced, cross-functional and fully-remote environments.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; incredibly high standards for your own work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly and accurately in a dynamic, technology-based environment.
- Must have demonstrable experience writing compelling and effective marketing and instructional content for multiple technical products; samples will be required.
- Ability to understand complex technical product features and functionality and translate them into inspirational business use cases and customer-facing messaging.
- Top notch public speaking and presentation skills; you will represent our brands and products in a variety of situations, including webinars and tradeshow presentations.
- Recent experience with business intelligence tools since as Sisense, Tableau or Excel to extract insights from data around product performance and buyer behavior.
- Willingness to travel to locations in the US and Europe approx 2-3 times per year.
- Recent experience working in an app marketplace as a downstream provider.
- Experience with SaaS ecosystems, including Atlassian, Salesforce, Microsoft.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Trello, Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence, a plus.
- experience working in a marketing or advertising agency a plus.
What We Offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Flexible working schedule
- Private healthcare
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.