Sr. Manager, SEO (remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager of SEO to join our fast growing team. Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation, the Sr. Manager of SEO will develop and execute strategies to drive traffic, trials and revenue for our products. You have at least 4+ years of hands-on SEO experience (technical and content), including solving tough SEO problems, developing sound strategies to support traffic and rankings growth, and educating and influencing a broad set of stakeholders. Your role will include onsite and offsite optimization, keyword expansion research and execution, linkbuilding and technical improvements. You will be empowered to enhance our SEO vision, strategy and execution. Ultimately you are directly responsible for improving organic growth.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the development of multi-channel marketing and demand generation programs and initiatives through SEO.
- Expert across all aspects of SEO inclusive of keyword research, content optimization, link acquisition, and technical optimization.
- Perform keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Implement technical SEO audits and changes, including internal linking, external backlinking, sitemap updates, page performance improvements etc.
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team to help define content roadmap through keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Devise and execute methods to track, report, analyze and improve SEO performance.
- Develop new SEO tests and strategies.
- Present and communicate SEO strategies and projects to internal stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date with latest SEO trends, strategies and algorithm changes.
What We Would Like to See
- A demonstrated track record of increasing rankings, traffic, and revenue while managing and executing SEO strategies and tactics.
- Understanding of technical SEO (meta, schema, robots.txt, sitemaps, etc.) and SEO tools.
- Detailed project management and organization skills across multiple tasks and timelines.
- Well-versed in online marketing best practices and measurement with understanding of site management, web development principles.
- Enterprise software and/or B2B experience is highly desirable.
- Methodical and data-oriented with a strong desire to test, learn, and iterate.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and ensure high-quality deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Appfire provides all equipment for your home office, including an Amazon Business account
- Company paid mobile phone and Internet