Technical Support Team Lead (hybrid)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job purpose and overview
We are looking for a full-time Technical Support Team Lead. You will work within a team of highly skilled technical support engineers to support our IT operations and the corporate applications our employees use. In this role, you will use a wide variety of technologies, including Atlassian Systems, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Workspace, GCP, DigitalOcean, and more.
You will be part of a corporate team that provides a wide variety of IT services to our employees, allowing you ample opportunity to gain valuable insight into the company as a whole, broaden your skills, and grow your career.
What You Will Do
- Prepare Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) tasks to facilitate the planning, scheduling, and tracking the progress of weekly sprints to ensure timely completion.
- Provide tactical and technical guidance to the team, including assigning work and supporting them in their duties.
- Ensure incoming support tickets are triaged and resolved per published SLAs.
- Provide leadership to shift resources in terms of technical guidance, issue resolution, delegation, supervision, and escalation.
- Meet regularly with team members to review project issues.
- Provide performance feedback and recommendations on team members to the IT Manager.
- Conduct weekly Review Meetings to track progress and prepare for the following sprint.
- Ensure that procedures and best practices in the BizSys knowledge base are documented, kept up-to-date, and followed.
- Review and validate team members’ work to ensure it is of high quality and conforms to best practices.
- Perform technical reviews of KB and non-KB documentation that is created or updated by the team to ensure technical accuracy and that it adheres to best practices.
- Drive proofs-of-concept of new tools and processes.
- Offer feedback, suggestions, and recommendations to the IT Manager about the team members, team’s strategies, procedures, and policies, as well as training needs.
What We Would Like To See
- 5+ years’ experience providing L1/L2/L3 support via a ticketing system.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience as a Linux system administrator, including a solid understanding of the Linux file system, DNS, and SSL.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in AWS (IAM, S3, EC2, Route 53, RDS).
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in containerization or virtualization technologies such as Docker or VMware.
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, shell scripting, scripting languages like Python, or command line (CLI) tools.
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience in providing application support on applications such as Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including spelling and grammar.
- Excellent ability to work within a mature support process.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage time efficiently for yourself, including mentoring other team members on improving those skills, managing assignments for other tech support team members, and managing distractions as other team members ask for help or guidance.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure on 5 or more concurrent tasks.
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Remuneration: 14 300 – 17 000 PLN/month, B2B or Perm (UoP), depending on what you prefer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience (UoP only)
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself (UoP only)
- Private healthcare
- Multisport card
- Training budget (UoP only)
- Plenty of team-building events