Technical Team Leader
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Appfire is looking for a Technical Team Leader. If you:
- Have experience in mentoring and managing engineers;
- Enjoy making the life of software and DevOps engineers easier;
- Like being hands-on and continue growing your software developer skills;
then this opportunity might be perfectly tailored to you! In this pivotal role, you will be working with a high performance team that designs and delivers enterprise-class software products and solutions in the Atlassian landscape.
Developer Tools team builds apps that help engineers, developers, and software teams do their best work. Let us provide a few examples. For rich integration with Jenkins we created Webhook to Jenkins for Bitbucket. To validate commits and enforce Jira workflows try Yet Another Commit Checker. Our users may create and share code snippets with Snippets for Bitbucket, or host websites similar to GitHub pages using Pages for Bitbucket Server. We are working on the Cloud version of our most popular app, Webhook to Jenkins for Bitbucket, and you can be part of the product team developing products thousands of customers rely on!
What you will do:
- Lead a team of experienced professionals (up to 8 people) in delivering the greatest customer value. You will be responsible for the developers' growth and management, which includes mentoring, performance and salary reviews;
- Design, develop, and maintain some of Appfire's leading products – in close collaboration with Product Manager, UX Designer and Marketing;
- Carry out feasibility analysis and provide effort estimation;
- Improve the functionality, reliability, performance, usability of the software products;
- Ensure the greatest quality of the product, the code, supporting processes & Agile practices (e.g. teach team through code reviews, improve test coverage, facilitate Scrum ceremonies);
- Take ownership of technical improvements (refactoring, minimize technical debt).
What you need to have:
- Proven record (5+ years) of delivery of multiple complex software development projects or products;
- Proven, strong experience in leading (2+ years) development teams using Agile principles and practices, with the proven ability to mentor, motivate and support the growth of engineers;
- Goals and data-driven approach to software product development;
- Strong understanding of web applications, including performance, quality, and security aspects;
- Excellent communication skills and command of English at level B2 or higher;
- Familiarity with modern cloud architectures: Azure, AWS, or GCP is a plus!
- Nice to have: good grasp of SQL and relational databases.