Vice President, Demand Generation (Remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the VP of Demand Generation is responsible to build the demand strategy to fuel Appfire’s growth through new customer acquisition and cross selling to existing customers. You will bring a deep expertise in lead generation to increase demand and revenue for our products across multiple leading productivity platforms like Atlassian, Microsoft, Salesforce, monday.com and more.
Given that our Channel Partners are critical revenue drivers, you will work hand-in-hand with Channel Strategy leadership, providing effective programs to support selling “to, through, and with” our Channel Partners. You will also be responsible to achieve targets across all demand generation activities, including SEO/SEM, paid social, content syndication, email marketing, website conversion optimization, events, marketing operations, budgeting and forecasting.
You will be responsible to lead, motivate and mentor a global demand generation team, and translate corporate objectives into Marketing objectives to optimize the effectiveness of pipeline generation and marketing spend.
You will build successful cross-functional relationships and alignment on corporate objectives and go-to-market priorities, specifically with Channel Strategy and Product Teams. You will also present updates on Marketing’s performance and pacing to corporate objectives regularly to the Executive Leadership team
You will be successful in this role if you are someone who is visionary, strategic, and can exhibit confidence in a humble and genuine manner. You have a “people-first” mind-set as you embrace ambiguity and lead with empathy. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and participating in the operations, and you possess the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve results.
What You Will Do
- Demand Generation
- Work in lock-step with leadership from Product and Channel teams to establish x-functional alignment, and to develop a fully integrated demand generation strategy
- Develop and execute Marketing programs to support Partner revenue and growth objectives including customer x-selling/up-selling opportunities, and Partner enablement
- Drive all digital marketing efforts, including SEM, SEO, paid social, content syndication, 3rd party/analyst programs, webinars, podcasts, website/content conversion optimization
- Leverage data and cohort analysis to improve targeting and conversion (eg. ABM, intent marketing), while effectively managing efficiency of spend
- Drive data-driven decisions and optimizations to continually improve lead generation across all channels.
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors that contribute to demand creation programs including direct marketing/media agencies, search engine optimization (SEO) experts, designers, copywriters, email providers and list brokers. Manage and lead the relationships, establishing objectives and holding partners accountable for results and deliverables.
- Performance Management
- Define Marketing KPIs and operating metrics
- Oversee the end-to-end lead management process in conjunction with sales operations and marketing operations, including lead capture, nurturing via portfolio marketing, and customer journey management
- Derive insights from marketing analytics and apply learnings to develop a path forward creating measurable growth
- Collaborate with the Content team to identify and drive the creation of specific content assets to support lead generation and sales enablement initiatives
- Define compelling prospect experiences that lead to conversion. Propose and execute A/B tests on media formats, ads, targeting, and landing pages
- Lead quarterly business reviews with actionable findings and output across the Marketing organization
- Present monthly deep dive reviews of Marketing performance and business impact to the Executive Leadership team
- Proactively engage with leadership from Channel Partner and Product teams to align Marketing to cross functional goals, and to optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Scale and maintain an optimal team structure, knowing when to bring expertise in-house vs. outsourcing critical skills
- Demonstrate strong influencing ability and presence with the Executive Leadership team
- Marketing Operations
- Align planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts with corporate objectives, and report on the impact of demand creation activities including ROI of marketing spend
- Drive the development of a performance dashboard to show how strategies have delivered against objectives
- Analyze campaign outcomes in detail, drawing insights and presenting results clearly to facilitate sound decision making and next steps
- Monitor marketing technology stack and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Provide oversight and leadership in the use and administration of our marketing automation and CRM systems – Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Develop the annual marketing budget, and reconcile plan vs. actuals on a monthly basis to ensure operations adhere to budget parameters
What We Would Like to See
- Visionary executive with a proven track record of leading demand generation for successful, high-growth organizations (growth through a strategic exit or IPO a plus)
- 10+ years of enterprise SaaS marketing experience as a senior leader of a global team
- Complete understanding of all facets of the buyer journey throughout the marketing & sales funnel, with a very strong aptitude for Channel Marketing and for building multi-channel campaigns
- Demonstrated analytical ability, specifically around program measurement and ROI, and program execution skills
- Proven track record partnering with members of the Executive Leadership team to collaborate on budgets and to deliver effective Marketing performance updates
- Highly collaborative, team oriented, with strong and clear communication skills and can partner with all levels
- Proven track record of managing marketing budgets, funnel performance, and forecasts, to achieve new sales and revenue growth goals
- Demonstrated skills as a people manager, prioritizing activities, inspiring teams, and keeping the team on task to achieve goals
- Proven ability to identify, negotiate and manage vendor relationships
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with widespread marketing automation and sales automation systems, particularly Salesforce
- Strong bias for action with the ability to work through ambiguity
- Confidence to push boundaries and try new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Monthly phone and internet allowance