Principal Audience Research Analyst
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
What You Will Do
- Lead the design and execution of multiple qualitative and quantitative consumer interview projects with a focus on bringing actionable consumer insights to life for product management, product marketing, and executive leadership.
- Leverage your experience administering automation and business intelligence software to clearly translate audience research into actionable guidance for product development teams.
- Synthesize data from internal and external sources to drive a deeper understanding of our customers, then package that understanding to guide product and engineering decisions.
- Develop compelling and creative insights reports that humanize customer pain points and influence leadership to understand how to prioritize and take action.
- Craft actionable stories to communicate insights to stakeholders within your team and across the business. Efficiently ingest and analyze large volumes of raw audience research data and distill them into clear insights and actionable guidance for product leadership.
- Work closely with Information Designers to ensure that research insights are delivered with the necessary impact to win “hearts and minds” and drive the right action.
- Assist the rapidly growing team in streamlining research processes to improve the efficiency of research delivery.
- Build strong relationships with business partners to understand their challenges and priorities, define research roadmap, and drive actions through insight delivery.
What We Would Like to See
- You have an unquenchable curiosity to deeply understand a diverse array of customer problems and how customers want to be helped.
- You glide through oceans of raw research like a skilled surfer. The bigger the waves of data, the better.
- You are well-versed in the fundamentals needed to create reports, visualizations, and dashboards, and communicate results and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You don’t jump to conclusions. You get excited when you notice a potential audience trend, but are seasoned enough to know that preliminary results can lead to under-informed decisions.
- You skillfully maintain your bearings in the “messy middle“ of a large volume of research data. You have the wisdom of humility, and are driven by our shared core value of “Getting it right over Being right”
- You understand the purpose of Atlassian products and the most common needs of their customers.
- You’re in awe of the opportunity to help guide awesome product teams to improve apps used by millions of people worldwide.
- MINIMUM: 5+ years of experience in data analytics including experience in customer feedback or survey analytics, statistical analysis, marketing analytics, or similar quantitative fields OR
- MINIMUM: 5+ years of experience as product manager using Atlassian tools to guide software teams into action OR
- MINIMUM: 5+ years of experience as Atlassian administrator or consultant who’s ready to shed the stress of the admin panel and elevate into the esteemed field of Atlassian audience analysis
- PREFERRED: 3+ years interviewing customers
- PREFERRED: 3+ years administering Atlassian products
- PREFERRED: 3+ years as business analyst
We've Got You Covered
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Appfire provides all equipment for your home office, including an Amazon Business account
- Company paid mobile phone and Internet