Technical Engineering Lead
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Appfire is looking for a Technical Team Leader. If you:
- Have experience in mentoring and managing engineers;
- Like being hands-on and continue growing your software developer skills
then this opportunity might be perfectly tailored to you!
Today’s modern technology world is awesome but complex. The amount of tools can be overwhelming. At Appfire we build solutions to make life easier, where our developers are the innovators delivering solutions for complex problems. Want to see how? – Check Connector for Salesforce & Jira, a solution that has helped more than 3,000 customers by integrating Jira and Salesforce, or our Salesforce integrations with other Atlassian products – Confluence and JSM. Are you up for the challenge? Come join our product team and be part this exciting journey!
What you will do:
- Lead a team of experienced professionals (up to 8 people) in delivering the greatest customer value. You will be responsible for the developers' growth and management, which includes mentoring, performance and salary reviews;
- Collaborate closely with Product Manager, UX Designer and Marketing to shape the product’s future and minimize time to market for every product increment;
- Hands-on software development. Our current tech stack includes Java, Scala, Node.js, React, VisualForceUI, LightingUI, LWC, Python, … BUT it constantly evolves. You need the openness to use your experience and leverage other programming languages, frameworks, databases, etc. to make the product better for the users and more competitive on the market;
- Ensure the greatest quality of the product, the code, supporting processes & Agile practices (e.g. teach team through code reviews, improve test coverage, facilitate Scrum ceremonies);
- Introduce best coding practices and support the team in implementing new product features;
- Take ownership of technical improvements (refactoring, minimize technical debt).
What you need to have:
- Proven record (5+ years) of delivery of multiple complex software development projects or products;
- Proven, strong experience in leading (2+ years) development teams using Agile principles and practices, with the proven ability to mentor, motivate and support the growth of engineers;
- Goals and data-driven approach to software product development;
- Strong understanding of web applications, including performance, quality, and security aspects;
- Good grasp of SQL and relational databases or BigQuery;
- Excellent communication skills and command of English at level B2 or higher;
- Familiarity with modern cloud architectures: Azure, AWS, or GCP is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardlessly of years of experience
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself
- Multisport card
- Trainings- Appfire University
- Indefinite Employment Contract from day one, no trial periods
- Private healthcare, including psychological care
- MyBenefit Platform – 150 PLN/month to spend on available shops, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Additional Social Fund contribution – 1660 PLN/year,
- Home Office allowance – 200 PLN/month to cover your electricity and internet bills
- Lunch Card – 300 PLN/month to spend on groceries/restaurants (excluding alcohol and other excise duties items)
- Life Insurance
- English language courses
- Plenty of team building events