Customer Advocacy and Storytelling Program Manager (Remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Want to be a part of Appfire’s exciting journey? We’re seeking a Customer Advocacy and Storytelling Program Manager to build a library of our global customers' success stories, sharing the impact that our apps and products have on their business. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, the Customer Advocacy and Storytelling Program Manager will be an individual contributor who will fully own this function at Appfire. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller who enjoys working directly with customers, crafting visually compelling case studies, and directing the production of short and long form customer case study videos.
This role will kick off our first customer advocacy program. You will recruit and engage customers to help tell their stories as advocates for the Appfire brand, apps, and products. You will collaborate with teams across the organization, including Customer Research, Customer Success, and Channel to learn about potential customer prospects, then you’ll make recommendations and decisions to move forward and target customers with warm introductions, then you will work directly with the customer to gain necessary approvals and write the story for video interviews, written case studies, webinars, quotes, speaking engagements, and more.
If you’re a marketer that excels at building something from scratch, you have experience fully owning a customer advocacy and storytelling function, and you have mastered the ability to take complex technical information and translate it into an easy to understand story, then this opportunity might be a great fit for you.
What You Will Do
- Build, grow, and nurture a community of customer advocates for Appfire.
- Build our customer advocacy program from scratch: work up a strategy, collaborate with internal stakeholders, work directly with customers to achieve necessary approvals, help tell their stories, and build up a library of written customer case studies, video testimonials, customer quotes, and more.
- Collaborate with internal teams including creative, web, product marketing, content, public relations, social media, and analyst relations to extend the customer voice in our marketing and help us build brand awareness.
- Partner with the internal communications lead to share our customer stories internally to help teams better understand the impact our products make for our customers.
- Partner with external communications to provide quotes, stories, speakers for public relations, social media, events, analyst relations, and more.
- Build an ambassador program: appeal to loyal Appfire product users and turn advocates into ambassadors to represent Appfire within the Atlassian Community and other communities we operate in. Help facilitate speaking engagements at community meetups and events.
- Create and monitor a presence for Appfire on peer and product review sites.
- Collaborate and strategize with internal teams for the production of the Appfire customer newsletter, helping us target the stories and information that customers want to see.
What We Would Like to See
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in a combined customer marketing and communications role, ideally in a high tech global growth environment.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites for video interviews.
- Strong writing and storytelling.
- Experience building a program from scratch as an individual contributor and growing it to meet the demands of the business.
- Experience helping customers get the necessary approvals to tell their story through our public-facing channels.
- Some video production/direction experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel for some on-site video customer interviews.
- Very high level of proficiency in Slack and Google docs and slides.
- Ability to work autonomously and learn new skills and concepts rapidly.
- Great collaborator with a strong solution mindset.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to identify and solve issues.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts and translate their expertise into original thought leadership content.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, thorough proofreading skills, a consistent eye for exceptional detail, and very high standards for your work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with an outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly in a fast-paced, technology-based environment.
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts