Internal and Executive Communications Senior Manager (Remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Want to be a part of Appfire’s exciting journey? We’re seeking an Internal and Executive Communications Senior Manager to work closely with our Corporate Communications team to support the continued rapid growth of the global organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, the Internal and Executive Communications Senior Manager will be an individual contributor who will fully own the Internal Communications function at Appfire and will create a process to share news in collaboration with key stakeholders across the company. This means you will be working with team members from every department across the organization, and you will determine the best channels for sharing company news and information with our global internal audiences, being mindful of various time zones and cultures.
This role will also be responsible for planning and executing the company’s virtual All Hands (internal town hall) meetings for over 700 fireflies around the globe (fireflies are what we call the people who work here at Appfire). This means that you will work closely with the full executive leadership team at Appfire made up of 9 executives to make recommendations and seek executive alignment based on what topics and approaches are best received by our employee audience. You will build a plan with a calendar and topics to be covered, you’ll partner with the spokespeople to prepare their presentation content, you’ll plan and communicate a run of show, and you’ll measure ongoing engagement and feedback. In addition, this role will partner with the VP of Corporate Communications to prepare board materials and executive internal announcements.
The ideal candidate is passionate about telling a brand story, building an inclusive environment, and helping executives to share their most important messages. If you excel at building something from scratch, have experience working directly with executive leaders on business updates, are a strong and creative writer, and you have mastered the ability to take complex technical information and translate it into an easy to understand story, then this opportunity might be a great fit for you.
What you will do
- Fully own company All Hands meetings: set regular cadence, get the meetings scheduled, make recommendations on meeting topics based on what employees want to hear about most, support executives in building their content, plan the run of show, educate all participants on their roles, serve as an internal spokesperson for Appfire, produce and host the live virtual event, and facilitate Q&As.
- Fully own Quarterly Business Review, a written document sent out to employees each quarter with accomplishments from across the organization: set a calendar and project plan for producing the QBR, partner with internal stakeholders to gather key highlights, edit the final document, collaborate with the Creative team for final presentation, and send to the company.
- Support the VP of Corporate Communications in building out executive board content and internal announcements with strategic direction from the VP and executives.
- Own internal communications stemming from all external announcements, either in writing or in a Special All Hands meeting, making sure to align with external timing and messaging.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization and help determine the best method for internal communications and sharing company news.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently to ensure on-time deployment.
- Draft and edit internal content, define graphics needs and work with the Creative team on requests and execution, and collaborate with the Corporate Communications team to ensure successful deployment.
- Support Marketing team with recurring Marketing All Hands meetings.
- Lead additional projects to keep employees informed of our strategic direction and to help employees stay on-brand in their own communications.
What we would like to see
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in internal and/or executive communications, ideally in a high tech global growth environment.
- Knowledge of internal communications best practices.
- Experience working directly with an executive team.
- Very high level of proficiency in Slack and Google docs and slides.
- Ability to work autonomously and learn new skills and concepts rapidly.
- Great collaborator with a strong solution mindset.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to identify and solve issues.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts and translate their expertise into original thought leadership content.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, thorough proofreading skills, a consistent eye for exceptional detail, and very high standards for your work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with an outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly in a fast-paced, technology-based environment.
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts