Product Marketing Manager
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is looking for an exceptional Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing team. YOU are an inspirational storyteller, gifted writer, business-savvy market researcher, and skilled product evangelist with a love for translating product features and benefits into compelling customer messaging. YOU pride yourself in having extremely high standards for your own work, and you have a passion for continuous improvement. YOUR messaging skills and ability to produce engaging advocacy and advice across products and ecosystems are only matched by your love of a well-crafted brand voice and your desire to work within a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
In this cross-functional role, You will do what you do best
- Create well-researched, compelling Go-To-Market strategies that pinpoint the greatest opportunities for growth for your product portfolio,
- Stay on top of the market trends and dynamics of the competitive landscape,
- Craft compelling value propositions that solve the critical pain points of your target audiences,
- Inform actual and potential customers and industry partners about the features, benefits, and business case value of our products,
- Partner directly with our product teams to develop deep expertise in our technical products and serve as the marketing team liaison to ensure that our marketing calendar aligns with the product release roadmap,
- Act as an area leader within the marketing team to help set team priorities to ensure timely and effective product launches,
- Assume ownership of trial and revenue performance levers, plug into performance reporting for marketing programs, and dive deep into insight-gathering to understand how to fine-tune demand and conversions for your products.
- Act as the spokesperson for your apps in demos, at partner events and trade shows, so you’ll be a confident and stellar communicator with sound technical competence.
What You Will Accomplish
- Defining the Go-To-Market strategy for your core portfolio of products.
- Translating product functionality and technical use cases into compelling business cases and product messaging.
- Owning the customer-facing messaging for our products across various channels and platforms.
- Working closely with internal product teams to develop a deep understanding of product features and benefits.
- Using your technical product expertise and stellar writing skills to ensure that marketing materials and campaigns are aligned with both our corporate vision and our customers’ business needs — including web pages, product marketplace listings, case studies, email marketing, paid search, landing pages, product guides, partner channel webinars, videos, tradeshow materials and presentations, user groups, blog posts, product books, and more.
- Serving as a liaison between the marketing and product teams to ensure that marketing promotions and plans align with product development roadmaps.
- Participating in the development of, and drafting content for, strategic marketing materials and educational assets to enable product sales by industry partners.
- Conducting competitor analysis to better understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of our brands and products.
- Understanding and influencing the marketing metrics that drive growth for Appfire.
What we would like to see
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined product marketing, promotional copywriting, and technical product evangelism experience required.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field required.
- Must have demonstrable experience writing compelling and effective marketing and instructional content for multiple technical products; samples will be required.
- Ability to understand complex technical product features and functionality and translate them into inspirational business use cases and customer-facing messaging.
- Top notch public speaking and presentation skills; you will represent our brands and products in a variety of situations, including webinars and tradeshow presentations.
- Hands on experience with content marketing, email marketing, and paid search.
- Ability to understand the complex intricacies and implications of having many intertwined automated promotional campaigns with advanced segmentation — and ensuring that associated messaging works together in harmony.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; incredibly high standards for your own work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly and accurately in a fast-paced, technology-based environment.
- Experience with content management software, email marketing platforms, data warehousing applications, and landing page creation software.
- Experience working in an app marketplace as a downstream provider preferred.
- Experience working in a marketing or advertising agency a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Trello, Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence, a plus.
- A portfolio of work (include on your resume when applying) that showcases your storytelling experience and campaign results.
Strong Preference For
- Experience in the work management/productivity software industry.
- Experience as a consumer of data, Excel and BI tools to extract insights around product trial performance and buyer behavior.
- Experience working in an app marketplace as a downstream provider is preferred.
- Experience working in a marketing or advertising agency is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Jira and Confluence, a plus.
Remuneration & Model of cooperation
- 13 500-14 500 PLN gross contract of employment / month (umowa o pracę)
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself
- Multisport card
- Trainings- Appfire University
- Indefinite Employment Contract from day one, no trial periods
- Private healthcare, including psychological care
- MyBenefit Platform – 150 PLN/month to spend on available shops, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Home Office allowance – 200 PLN/month to cover your electricity and internet bills
- Lunch Card – 300 PLN/month to spend on groceries/restaurants (excluding alcohol and other excise duties items)
- Plenty of team building events