Product Marketing Manager
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
What You'll Accomplish:
- Owning the customer-facing messaging for our products across a range of channels and platforms.
- Working closely with internal product teams to develop a deep understanding of product features and benefits.
- Translating product functionality and technical use cases into compelling business cases and product messaging.
- Using your technical product expertise and stellar writing skills to ensure that marketing materials and campaigns are aligned with both our corporate vision and our customers’ business needs — including web pages, product marketplace listings, case studies, email marketing, paid search, landing pages, product guides and documentation, partner channel webinars, videos, tradeshow materials and presentations, user groups, blog posts, product books, and more.
- Serving as a liaison between the marketing team and product teams to ensure that marketing promotions and plans align with product release roadmaps for both new and major releases.
- Participating in the development of, and drafting content for, strategic marketing materials and educational assets to enable product sales by industry partners.
- Working with leadership to create and maintain brand messaging guides that complement our internal design style guides to define the voice and tone for our product marketing copy.
- Collaborating with marketing, product, support, and executive management to help define the product positioning and product marketing strategy for a cross section of our apps portfolio.
- Conducting competitor analysis to better understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of our brands and products.
- Constantly working to improve messaging and marketing content through well planned A/B tests.
- Understanding and influencing the marketing metrics that drive growth for Appfire.
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined product marketing, promotional copywriting, and technical product evangelism experience required.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field required.
- Must have demonstrable experience writing compelling and effective marketing and instructional content for multiple technical products; samples will be required.
- Ability to understand complex technical product features and functionality and translate them into inspirational business use cases and customer-facing messaging.
- Top notch public speaking and presentation skills; you will represent our brands and products in a variety of situations, including webinars and tradeshow presentations.
- Hands on experience with content marketing, email marketing, and paid search.
- Ability to understand the complex intricacies and implications of having many intertwined automated promotional campaigns with advanced segmentation — and ensuring that associated messaging works together in harmony.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; incredibly high standards for your own work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, self-manage, and work independently, managing several tight deadlines at once.
- Outstanding ability to learn quickly and execute swiftly and accurately in a fast-paced, technology-based environment.
- Experience with content management software, email marketing platforms, data warehousing applications, and landing page creation software.
- Experience working in an app marketplace as a downstream provider preferred.
- Experience working in a marketing or advertising agency a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling, such as Trello, Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence, a plus.
We've Got You Covered
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Appfire provides all equipment for your home office, including an Amazon Business account
- Company paid mobile phone and Internet