QA Engineer (Remote from Spain)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
We are passionate about tools. As software professionals, we know how important great tools are to increase organizational alignment, team speed, engineers’ satisfaction and ultimately maximize the value that teams can deliver to the customers. We wanted to share this passion for Great Tools with our users. Since 2006 we use Atlassian tools and have found that their philosophy about software is very close to ours. Using Atlassian products as a core platform we deliver Great Tools to software companies and IT teams that want to innovate, build products better and change the status quo.
You’ll work with the Document Management team. We provide collaboration and agile solutions to organizations ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500's. Our products, including the award-winning app Comala Document Management, enhance teamwork for thousands of businesses across the world.
What You Will Do:
- Designing and executing test scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Working with the development team to assess the level of risk in the product deliverables.
- Record test progress and results.
- Code automated tests.
- Create test plans.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs.
- Research and compare similar competitor products.
- 3-5 years of software testing experience or a similar role
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Familiarity with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash, Bitbucket is preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus.
- Ability to take a specification and design a test strategy.
- Expertise in using project planning and management software.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
What We Offer:
- Work with an international team and global customers from our Bilbao development hub.
- Remote work flexibility
- An environment where you can thrive, learn and apply new technologies and techniques.
- Health insurance.
- An annual sport allowance to help you keep a great work/life balance.
- An annual budget for training, and event attendance.
- Anniversary gifts.
- Summer schedule for you to fully enjoy the sun!
- Team building activities.