Senior Data Engineer
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job Purpose and Overview
We are looking for a full-time Senior Data Engineer. In this critical role, you will leverage your expert SQL skills and data warehousing experience to develop new reports and visualizations for our data warehouse.
You will be part of a corporate team that provides a wide variety of IT services to our employees, allowing you ample opportunity to gain valuable insight into the company as a whole, broaden your skills, and grow your career.
What You Will Do
- Review and understand the technical specifications as provided by the Data Warehouse Architect.
- Develop and test complex scripts, SQL queries, and reports.
- Ensure data integrity as data flows into and out of our data warehouse.
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
- Drive UAT efforts with stakeholders to ensure solutions meet their business requirements.
- Drive proof of concepts for new tools or processes.
- Write and review knowledge base articles that document procedures and reports.
- Learn new technologies to support growth on company-allocated time.
What We Would Like To See
- 7+ years experience in a data warehousing role with a solid understanding of data warehousing approaches and best practices.
- B.E/B.Tech in EE, EECS, CS, MIS, or a comparable discipline.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English.
- Strong personal organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure on 3-5 concurrent projects.
- 5+ years experience in developing and tuning complex SQL queries using PostgreSQL or other leading DBMS.
- 5+ years experience in doing ETL development.
- 2+ years AWS Glue/Airflow experience
- 5+ years experience in developing and maintaining BI reports, using industry-standard tools such as Power BI, Sisense or Tableau.
- 2+ years experience with Python.
We’ve Got You Covered
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- Remote Work – flexibility to work from home or from our offices + remote working allowance up to INR 12,000 per annum (paid monthly)
- Unlimited paid sick leave in the event of an employee’s own illness or injury
- Generous vacation policy
- Group Medical Insurance – Coverage of INR 5,00,000 per annum for a family including dependents parents with no additional cost
- Crèche benefit
- Appfire provides all equipment for your home office, including an Amazon Business account
- Training and development – access to a comprehensive library of training videos