Senior Java Software Engineer (Remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
What You Will Do:
- Power Script for Jira is one of the best scripting solution for Jira. You will work on its Cloud version.
- You will have major impact on the evolution of our cloud architecture.
- You love to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment.
- With your passion to deliver the highest quality and most solid security you will make our customers happy.
- You will work closely together with frontend engineers, our technical writer and product manager.
- 4+ years of professional experience developing & maintaining Java cloud applications
- Strong fundamentals in software development
- Very good knowledge of Java, Spring & SpringBoot
- Project experience with an IDE, source control tools, CI, build engineering.
- Proven project experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS) applications and software, and the ability to plan & develop AWS infrastructure
- Containerization knowledge (Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm)
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Jira knowledge – Preferable as administrator.
- Development experience for Atlassian apps
- Scripting knowledge (python, bash, groovy)
What We Offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Flexible working schedule
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.