Senior/Software Engineer with Java or other back-end knowledge
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
We are passionate about tools. As software professionals, we know how important great tools are to increase organisational alignment, team speed, engineers’ satisfaction and ultimately maximize the value that teams can deliver to the customers. We wanted to share this passion for Great Tools with our users. Since 2006 we use Atlassian tools and have found that their philosophy about software is very close to ours. Using Atlassian products as a core platform we deliver Great Tools to software companies and IT teams that want to innovate, build products better and change the status quo.We take pride in our work. Our apps are used in some of the largest Atlassian deployments in the world.
We value a calm and open work environment built on trust. While our work is very important to us we value our time out of work just as much and we have great work-life balance.
- Work on some of the top apps for Atlassian Jira
- Implement great features for products that users love using
- Be involved in the whole process from conceptualizing to development and testing of new features and products
- Fix defects, write automated tests and keep the high quality of the codebase
- Work independently and as part of our team
- Passionate about programming and want to learn more
- Demonstrated understanding of software development
- Detail oriented
- Self-driven, self-managed and efficient
- A person with great technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- 4+ years’ experience as a software developer
- Experience with Java or similar languages/technologies
- Experience with some of: OSGi, EMF, Spring, Dependency injection (Guice), REST, ORM, multi-threaded programming, design patterns, JUnit, Jira
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 25 paid days off, regardless of years of experience (30 days after 5 years with the company)
- Private healthcare
- Sofia public transport card
- Multisport card
- Development opportunities via our Appfire University
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.