Technical Team Leader
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Appfire is looking for a Technical Team Leader. If you:
Have experience in mentoring and managing engineers;
Like being hands-on and continue growing your software developer skills;
then this opportunity might be perfectly tailored to you!
You will work with the team that develops OKR for Jira – our best-in-class solution to manage objectives and key results, track and visualize their progress, all in place where teams track their work – Jira, Panorama for Jira and Goals for Jira. Being part of Appfire’s Agile category means you will work closely with teams that deliver our best-selling products for Agile teams like Planning Poker ®, Agile Poker for Jira and Foxly.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of experienced professionals (up to 8 people) in delivering the greatest customer value. You will be responsible for the developers' growth and management, which includes mentoring, performance and salary reviews;
- Design, develop, and maintain some of Appfire's leading products – in close collaboration with Product Manager, UX Designer and Marketing;
- Hands-on software development (~40-60% of time). Our current tech stack includes Java, React.js, TypeScript, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform, MongoDB Cloud. BUT it constantly evolves. You need the openness to use your experience and leverage other programming languages, frameworks, databases, etc. to make the product better for the user and more competitive on the market;
- Improve the functionality, reliability, performance, usability of the software products;
- Ensure the greatest quality of the product, the code, supporting processes & Agile practices (e.g. teach team through code reviews, improve test coverage, facilitate Scrum ceremonies);
- Take ownership of technical improvements (refactoring, minimize technical debt).
What We Would Like To See
- Proven record (5+ years) of delivery of multiple complex software development projects or products;
- Proven, strong experience in leading (2+ years) development teams using Agile principles and practices, with the proven ability to mentor, motivate and support the growth of engineers;
- Goals and data-driven approach to software product development;
- Strong understanding of web applications, including performance, quality, and security aspects;
- Excellent communication skills and command of English at level B2 or higher;
- Familiarity with modern cloud architectures: Azure, AWS, or GCP is a plus!
What We Offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself
- Multisport card
- Trainings- Appfire University
- Indefinite Employment Contract from day one, no trial periods
- Private healthcare, including psychological care
- MyBenefit Platform – 150 PLN/month to spend on available shops, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Home Office allowance – 200 PLN/month to cover your electricity and internet bills
- Lunch Card – 300 PLN/month to spend on groceries/restaurants (excluding alcohol and other excise duties items)
- Life Insurance
- English language courses
- Plenty of team building events