Technical Product Analyst (remote)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
We are seeking a talented and experienced Technical Product Analyst to join our Product Led Growth (PLG) analytics team. As a Technical Product Analyst, you will play a critical role in defining, managing, and leveraging vast amounts of product analytics data generated from our 200+ (and growing) app portfolio via PLG platforms such as Amplitude, LogRocket, Pendo, and LaunchDarkly. You will use various methods to integrate data amongst those platforms as well as to our enterprise data store.
Your work will help drive daily innovation and iterative improvement in our app’s user experience via A/B testing and PLG motions such as activation, engagement, and retention. You will work closely with data scientists, quantitative analysts, product managers, and software engineers to build and maintain a taxonomy with strong data governance that enables us to make data-driven decisions enabled by detailed observation, user engagement, and experimentation. To succeed in this Technical Product Analyst position, you should have strong data governance skills, familiarity with product analytics tools, and experience in data integration via APIs or ETL platforms.
What You Will Do
- Designs, develops and maintains scalable product analytics data pipelines and builds out new API integrations with product analytics platforms such as Amplitude and LaunchDarkly.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Optimize existing data integrations for performance and efficiency, and identify and implement improvements as needed.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot product analytics data related issues and assist in the resolution of those issues.
- Collaborate with software engineers and other product analytics engineers to integrate data into our products and systems.
- Collaborates with growth analytics and product management teams to improve data models that feed product led growth platforms and enterprise data stores, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Product Analytics technologies, tools, and best practices, and share that knowledge with the team.
What We Would Like To See
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product Analyst or a related role.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, integration APIs, and ETL (extract, transform, load) processes.
- Proficient in SQL and at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with database design and data governance.
- Experience implementing or administering software product analytics platforms such as Amplitude or Mixpanel
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- A proven track record of success collaborating across teams to deliver value for stakeholders
What we offer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 10 paid holidays + Flexible PTO – no set number of days that you must take in a year
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- 50/50 split dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid mobile phone and Internet