Technical Support Engineer (hybrid)
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
Job purpose and overview
We are looking for a full-time Technical Support Engineer. You will work within a team of highly skilled technical support engineers to support our IT operations and the corporate applications our employees use. In this role, you will use a wide variety of technologies, including Atlassian Systems, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Workspace, GCP, DigitalOcean, and more.
You will be part of a corporate team that provides a wide variety of IT services to our employees, allowing you ample opportunity to gain valuable insight into the company as a whole, broaden your skills, and grow your career.
What You Will Do
- Provide occasional L1/L2 ticket-based support for employees seeking access, reporting problems, etc. on internal server-based and cloud-based applications, ensuring they are resolved per published SLAs and escalated to L3 support resources if needed.
- Monitor applications and systems to ensure overall health.
- Monitor scheduled jobs to ensure they run successfully and on time.
- Ensure domain registrations, SSL certificates, and product licensing are up-to-date for all systems.
- Perform installations, configurations, upgrades, migrations, and consolidations of applications.
- Manage employee laptops for their up-to-date OS, MDM, hard disk encryption & antivirus installations, and troubleshooting issues
- Maintain Office Network infrastructure (wi-fi, access points & chromecasts)
- Perform project-based work, including deploying new tools, upgrading servers/systems, migrating data, consolidating systems, etc.
- Develop a solid knowledge of the systems and applications managed by our team, as well as its procedures.
- Use, write, and maintain KB articles for documentation.
What We Would Like To See
- 2+ years’ experience providing L1/L2 support via a ticketing system.
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience as a Linux system administrator, including a basic understanding of the Linux file system, DNS, and SSL.
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience in AWS (IAM, S3, EC2, Route 53, CloudWatch, RDS).
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience in providing application support on applications such as Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience in automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, shell scripting, scripting languages like Python, or command line (CLI) tools.
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience in containerization or virtualization technologies such as Docker or VMware.
- Good written and oral communication skills in Polish and English, including spelling and grammar.
- Good ability to work within a mature support process.
We’ve Got You Covered: (Poland)
- Remuneration: 8 500 – 10 000 PLN/month, B2B or Perm (UoP), depending on what you prefer
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience (UoP only)
- Wellness Days – additional time-off each month to recharge and take care of yourself (UoP only)
- Private healthcare
- Multisport card
- Training budget (UoP only)
- Plenty of team-building events