Technical Support Manager
Appfire is an enterprise collaboration software company that enables teams to plan and deliver their best work. Since launching in 2005 as one of the original Atlassian ecosystem partners, Appfire has built a portfolio of top-selling apps for more than 30,000 customers — including 55% of Fortune 500 companies. As a product-led company, Appfire identifies gaps in industries serving developers and client support teams and then builds solutions that drive productivity and efficiency.
Appfire continues to grow exponentially, with teams spanning 20+ countries. We are financially strong, continuously meeting or exceeding revenue targets, and we invest heavily in strengthening the foundation of our organization. Being philanthropic is integral to operating our business, so we donate 1% of employee time, product, profit, and equity as part of our Pledge 1% commitment.
Come join our team!
What You Will Do?
We are looking for a strong, natural leader with empathy and solid technical and managerial background!
People management area:
- Lead, motivate, and inspire the team to perform at peak capacity and productivity.
- Contribute to recruiting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Plan, identify, and set up personal growth opportunities within the team
- Perform quarterly and annual OKR (Objectives & Key Results) driven performance reviews of direct reports.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and legal work environment for direct reports.
- You will take the lead, drive every customer support issue as a project, and ensure delivery with the highest quality and customer satisfaction.
- You will provide technical leadership to team members in terms of mentorship, issue resolution, delegation, supervision, and handling of customer issues.
- You take the lead and guide the established processes associated with the 24×5 shift rotation across global support teams.
- You drive the scoping, sizing, identifying key metrics, and estimating efforts for assigned support engagements.
- Utilize change management tools and defect/ticketing systems, and follow internal Appfire-defined processes to deliver support services.
- Create, delegate, and execute support infrastructure project plans and revise them as needed to meet the project’s changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure knowledge base documents are technically accurate, complete, current, and archived appropriately.
- Act as a primary
What We Would Like To See
- Promote a culture of giving feedback to team members and other people inside the company, converting feedback into specific action items that result in visible work improvements.
- Manage all aspects of people growth & performance management, including professional development and salary reviews
- Proven track record in planning, motivating, leading, and driving high-caliber, cross-functional software and support teams.
- Ability to request, collect and analyze data that leads to a relatively fast (think hours vs. days, or days vs. weeks) decision-making process for the majority of day-to-day working situations
- Background in supporting people’s professional development through mentoring, effective performance reviews, improvement and growth plans, etc.
- A significant experience in the software or IT industry.
- Candidate must have solid technical expertise with enterprise-level, N-tier applications.
- Expertise in using agile project management tools and techniques to develop and execute detailed project plans for complex software development projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (https://www.atlassian.com) and Appfire products is highly desirable. Training will be provided on a need basis. Great opportunity to gain Atlassian experience.
- B.E/B.Tech in EE, EECS, CS, MIS, or a comparable discipline.
- Assist Level 1 thru 3 technical support engineers and offer expertise in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Strong analytical skills to identify the root cause quickly and recommend an effective solution.
- Handle tough customer escalations and critical feedback with poise and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be accountable, take ownership, and have a strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products (https://www.atlassian.com) and Appfire products is highly desirable.
- Using ITIL Service Support know